The three essentials for feeling truly free on a ride:
A cool helmet (if the law requires, and you wear one)
A good jacket and foot protection
A bulletproof motorcycle insurance policy for you and your passenger.
Whether you’ve got the ride of your dreams, or your saving up for your perfect bike, there’s only one way to enhance that feeling of exhilaration; of leaving all of your worries behind you; of that sense of freedom you get from contact with the road…
…Riding requires good, affordable protection.
Motorcycle Insurance: Do You Really Need it?
Owning a motorcycle can be one of the most exhilarating things in life, but according to statistics from the National Safety Council, a motorcycle accident that causes serious bodily injury happens every 6 minutes in the United States.
Motorcycle theft is also on the rise—and only 20-25% of motorcycles that are stolen are ever found.
Aside from the requirements of the law, 80% of all motorcycle crashes result in a fatality, which is a startling reminder why complete protection is essential if you are a motorcycle owner.
If you think motorcycle insurance is “wasted” expense, think again: Insurance is more about managing your risks above any other consideration. Without insurance, all it takes is one accident to drain your savings or your ability to pay medical expenses for yourself or someone else you’re responsible for.
What are your coverage options?
There are mandatory minimums, of course, but you may wish to consider other options on your bike, which are reasonably priced extras that can give you more comprehensive coverage, and better peace of mind, including:
- Additional liability coverage is something all riders should carefully consider. By purchasing both liability insurance for others and uninsured motorist coverage at higher limits, you will greatly reduce the risk of financial loss to yourself.
- Collision covers you in the case you’re in an accident that is your fault, this insurance pays to repair your bike, less the deductible amount.
- Comprehensive is a good option to consider as it pays for fire, vandalism, theft, hail damage, storms, and other non traffic accident claims.
- Roadside assistance – is one of those things you never think you’ll need, but will be thankful for if you ever break down far from home. Roadside assistance pays for jumps, gas, or towing your bike home or to the nearest facility.
- Bike accessories covers replacement or repairs on any expensive customizations and personalizations you’ve added onto your bike.
- Total loss insurance pays to replace your bike—not just the fair market value, which is usually lower than what you actually paid for the bike—but an entirely new ride.
- Rental vehicle coverage is something you may wish to consider if you’re planning a long road trip, or you often ride far from home—you can transport a break down yourself, rather than pay excessive tow charges.
- Trip interruption coverage helps pay for lodging, food and a substitute vehicle when a mechanical breakdown or a covered loss occurs more than 100 miles from home.
- On road insurance for off road vehicles covers your dirt bike or ATV on the road—we consider this essential, and very affordable.
The Kaplansky Insurance Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for …
… While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you. So if you’re at all concerned for your financial well being, you should investigate what you are offered carefully, and consider a relationship with a reliable guide.
Because, unfortunately, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
Click on the quote request button or click here to find a location near you and let the professionals at Kaplansky Insurance help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.