Do you need Liquor Liability Insurance?
Owning a business that serves alcohol, in an established location or a special event, always involves risk. Liquor liability insurance protects you against loss or damages claimed as the result of a patron of your business becoming intoxicated and injuring themselves or others.
If your business manufactures, sells, serves, or facilitates the use or purchase of alcohol, then you need liquor liability insurance coverage.
Liquor Liability 101
Liquor liability laws vary greatly by state, and policy coverage options are often confusing. Here are the basics:
- “Dram Shop” Laws hold alcoholic beverage servers financially liable for harm that visibly intoxicated individuals cause to other people, themselves, or property. They can apply not only to bars, liquor stores and restaurants, but also to clubs and private events where liquor is served. Dram shop laws also include selling liquor without a license, selling liquor after hours, and selling liquor to minors.
- Liquor Legal Liability provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which you may become legally liable for – as the result of contributing to a person’s intoxication. This coverage is provided by a separate policy and will only cover establishments ‘in the business of’ manufacturing, selling, distributing, or serving alcoholic beverages for a charge.
- Host Liquor Liability Insurance Policies cover special events for businesses that elect to serve alcohol to their employees, prospects, and customers. This type of liability insurance is also needed by people and businesses providing alcoholic beverages to customers, guests, or employees.
What does liquor liability insurance cover?
A good deal of alcohol-related liability claims filed against bars, taverns, and restaurants are a result of liquor-induced altercations. Along with coverage for these events, litigation costs, including the fees to retain an attorney and court costs may also be covered by a liquor liability policy.
Worried about the cost?
Kaplansky Insurance specializes in covering local businesses like yours. We have everything you need right here, including:
- Monthly payment options to help spread out your payments so you can better manage your cash flow
- Coverage of temporary staff, full-time employees, and independent contractors
- Claims responsiveness when time is of the essence, especially in the event of an insurance claim
- Tailored coverage for the specific risks of your field and industry
- Knowledgeable agents who provide exceptional, passionate service
- Fast and simple online quotes, immediate coverage
The Kaplansky Insurance Difference
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
Request a quote now and let the professionals at Kaplansky Insurance help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.