It’s hard enough to run a business and plan for every contingency regarding operations, logistics, expenses and what not. It’s also tough having to deal with potential lawsuits coming from accidents and leading to property damage and physical injury to your employees.
What can make it even more stressful is that you also have to deal with your employees who have the potential to file lawsuits by themselves, especially in relation to harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination. If you don’t want to be tangled up with these kinds of problems, you really need to get Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI).
What does Employment Practices Liability insurance cover?
EPLI provides coverage for legal costs, settlements and judgments that arise from claims of:
- Discrimination, based on age, race, gender and other factors.
- Sexual harassment.
- Wrongful termination—including constructive discharge, in which an employee resigns as a result of the employer creating a hostile work environment; and retaliatory discharge, in which an employee is fired as punishment for engaging in a legally protected activity.
- Breach of employment contract.
- Infliction of emotional distress or mental anguish.
- Failure to employ or promote.
- Wrongful discipline or demotion.
- Mismanagement of employee benefits.
- Privacy violations.
- Violation of the Family Medical Leave Act or other such laws.
- Negligent evaluation
- Deprivation of career opportunity
- Wrongful infliction of emotional distress
Is EPLI Insurance Expensive?
The cost of EPLI insurance coverage will vary from one company to another. Some factors that may influence cost include:
- The number of employees
- The amount of coverage purchased
- Whether or not your company has an anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policy in place
- Whether or not your company has had any lawsuits files against it in the past
The Kaplansky Insurance Difference
Employee-related lawsuits can be both economically and emotionally draining. Your employees’ morale and productivity are at stake. At Kaplansky Insurance, our professionals help businesses understand and demystify Employment Practices Liability coverage to help you keep your reputation intact and help you prevent lawsuits, and costly legal expenses.
Click on the quote request button now or click here to find a location near you and let the professionals at Kaplansky Insurance help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.